Collection of Information
Information You Provide
We collect information you provide, such as when you register for a Paynimo account, when you provide information as part of our identity verification process, or in the course of a transaction. We may collect, but are not limited to collecting, the following: basic user information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, photograph, and birth date; financial information, including bank account and payment card numbers; and other historical, contact, and demographic information, if any.
We also collect information when you upload information to the Services about your products and services (including inventory and pricing data), participate in contests or promotions offered by Paynimo or our partners, respond to our surveys, or otherwise communicate with us.
Information We Collect from Your Use of the Services
We collect information about you when you use our Services, including as follows:
Information We Collect From Other Sources
- Transaction Information. When you use our Services to make or accept payments, we collect information about when and where the transactions occurred, a description of the transactions, the payment amounts, and information about the devices and payment methods used to complete the transactions.
- Location Information. When one of our applications is open on your mobile device, we periodically receive information about the location of the device. We may also collect location information about your device.
- Device Information. We collect device-specific information when you access our Services, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and information about the device's interaction with our Services. We may also identify other software running on the device (but will not collect any content from such software) for anti-fraud and malware-prevention purposes.
- Use Information. We collect information about how you use our Services, including your access times, browser types and language, and Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Web Beacons. We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in device memory by a website. Among other things, cookies support the integrity of our registration process, retain your preferences and account settings, and help evaluate and compile aggregated statistics about user activity. We may also collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails. We may use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
We may also collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to third-party verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources.
Third-Party Advertising and Analytics
Use of Information
We use information about you to provide, maintain, and improve our Services and to deliver the information and support you request, including receipts, technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
We also use information about you to improve and personalize the Services. To take just one example, when you sign up for a Paynimo account, we may associate certain information with your new account, such as information about other accounts you have or had with Paynimo and prior transactions you made through the Paynimo Services.
We may use information we collect to send you news and information about our Services and to communicate with you about products, services, contests, promotions, incentives, and rewards offered by us and select partners.
We may also use information about you to track and analyze trends and usage in connection with our Services; to process and deliver contest and promotion entries and rewards; to protect our rights or property; to verify your identity; to investigate and prevent fraud or other illegal activities; and for any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services.
We may, or we may use third-party service providers to, process and store personal information.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including service providers who access information about you to perform services on our behalf (e.g., fraud prevention and verification services), and including financial institutions, processors, payment card associations, and other entities that are part of the payment process;
- With others who have signed up for Paynimo accounts. For example, we may share information when you make or accept a payment using our Services. We may also share information about you when you are located near a Paynimo merchant;
- With third parties that run advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our Services;
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business;
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; to enforce applicable user agreements or policies; to protect the security or integrity of our Services; and to protect us, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities; and
- With your consent.
We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information with third parties.
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Your Privacy Choices
You may update or correct information about yourself by logging into your account at any time on the site. Please note even if you deactivate your account or if the account is terminated we may retain archived copies of information about you and your transactions for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law.
When you first launch any of our mobile applications, you may be asked to consent to the application's collection of location information. We may require this location information in order to provide our Services, so if you do not consent to this collection, you cannot use our Services. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop our collection of location information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, the Paynimo application will no longer function. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all Paynimo applications from your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject cookies; however, our Services may not function properly if you do so.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from Paynimo by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as messages about your account or our ongoing business relations.